Dental Circle Limited
Website T’s & C’s
Information about us
<dentalcircle.com> is a site produced and operated by Dental Circle Limited (we, us). We are a limited company, registered in England and Wales under company number 09002726. Our registered office is at 14-18 Heralds Way, South Woodham Ferrers, Chelmsford, CM3 5TQ.
Availability of our site
Availability of our site is on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw the availability of our site or to amend our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if (for any reason) our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We restrict access to the whole of our site to users who have registered with us.
If you choose a password (or use a third party login facility – e.g. Facebook Login – that requires a password) you must treat that password as confidential and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any password or account for any reason and at any time.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy below.
You may not allow anyone else to use your account for our site.
Suspension and termination
- immediate withdrawal (whether temporary or permanent) of your right to use our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of the acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Acceptable use policy
By using our site, you legally promise (‘warrant’) that:
- you are registered with the General Dental Council;
- the General Dental Council registration number which you provided to us on registration for our site is yours;
- you will comply with any and all internet and/or social media policies set by your employer;
- you will comply with the General Dental Council guidance on using social media (as it is amended from time to time);
- you will only use our site for your own personal use; and
- you are over the age of 18.
Furthermore, you may only use our site for lawful purposes. You may not (as applicable) use our site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm any person in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); nor
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any equipment or network or software owned or used by us or any third party.
We may provide interactive services on our site (interactive services), including bulletin boards and messaging services.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator in the event that a concern or difficulty arises.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you provide on registration, which you use in relation to any interactive services or which you otherwise upload to our servers.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Moreover, where you upload any images to our site, you must have:
- the right to do so (whether because you are the owner of the copyright or because the copyright owner has granted you an appropriate licence); and
- where those images pertain to anyone else (e.g. photos of dental work you have carried out on a patient), their explicit consent to your uploading them to our site. This applies even if the person cannot be identified from those images.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit activity or violence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- identify any patient (whether from a single contribution or from multiple contributions together). This does not simply mean a patient’s identity (e.g. ‘John Doe’) but includes mere identification of a patient. For example, ‘the 6’ 5” gentleman in the tuxedo who comes to my clinic at 1 Baker Street every Friday for a check-up’;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse; nor
- otherwise bring the dental profession into disrepute.
You legally promise (‘warrant’) that you will comply with these content standards.
We have the right to:
- disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any contributions constitute a violation of their rights or if we are under a duty to disclose your identity; and
- remove any contribution if, in our reasonable opinion, such contribution does not (or may not) comply with these content standards.
From time to time, we will make awards for contributions which we deem to demonstrate excellent work in the field of dentistry.
We will notify you if you have won an award. You must claim the award within 21 days of notification, failing which it will be withdrawn.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site by us (if any) are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you (or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents).
We are not affiliated with (nor do we endorse or vet) any employers or providers posting job or course adverts on our site. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any interaction you may have with such employers and/or course providers.
We do not review or vet any commentary, advice and other materials posted our site by others. Should you (or anyone who may be informed of such commentary, advice and materials) choose to rely on such commentary, advice and materials, you (and they) do so at your (and their) own risk; we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such commentary, advice and materials by you (or by them).
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Our site and the material available on it are provided without any guarantees, conditions or legal promises (‘warranties’) as to their accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- all conditions, legal promises (‘warranties’) and other terms which might otherwise be implied in any manner;
- any liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site (or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials on it) including, without limitation, any liability for:
- loss of anticipated savings; and/or
- loss of data.
This shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
Nothing in these terms affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, our liability for fraud, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your use of our site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our servers or any server, computer or database connected to our site nor knowingly attempt to introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer and/or phone equipment, computer and/or phone programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site (or your downloading any material on it) or on any website linked to it.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, <dentalcircle.com>, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site (and in the material published on it). Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. In other words, you may not use any content without our permission.
All materials that you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential. You grant us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable licence to use, copy and distribute those materials in any way we wish and for any purpose.
“DENTAL CIRCLE” and the associated logo are trade marks of Dental Circle Limited. The logo is registered in the UK with no. 3057684.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, your use of our site (although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country).
If you have any concerns about our site or material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com.
Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
The content, layout, design, data and graphics on this website are protected by UK and other international copyright laws. No part of the website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording and/or otherwise) without our prior written consent
www.dentalcircle.com and Dental Circle Ltd trademarks and logos which are displayed on the website are the trademarks of the Dental Circle Ltd. Permission for use of our intellectual property may be obtained by contacting us. Any request for permission of our content or images, or other use of our intellectual property not authorised under a subscription, should be made by contacting us.
The website and all the basic content (including text, images, marks and logos) with the exception of experiences, opinions, statements, recommendations, ratings, and information posted on the site by individual users and advertisements is subject to copyright which belongs to us. This means that users have a licence to simply use the site but this does not convey to you any rights of ownership nor any rights to use or display the copyrighted information in any way.
If you do not comply withal the above Terms and Conditions we may withhold, suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the website.
Job Posting and Events Calendar and Course Postings
Members agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from the website any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
No duplicating of jobs or courses at the expense of other clients' jobs or courses.
No gratuitous use of keywords in the job or training course titles and descriptions. Gratuitous means deliberately inserting words, strings of words, or repeating titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
Job or training course advertisements placed on the website must be for genuine vacancies or courses only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment including, but not limited to, affiliate schemes, pyramid selling schemes or any other so called 'business opportunity'. The same rule applied to training course advertisements as well
URLs or email links (live or text only) in the body copy of the description must be live and working. The Website Owner, website or administrator do not bear any responsibility over the content of external sites.
Dental Circle Ltd and www.dentalcircle.com will not be responsible for the quality or accuracy of job postings or the events calendar and accept no liability for wrong information displayed on the website.
Special Interest Group Pages and News Feed, Articles and Content Rules
Members agree to abide by all the rules of posting on the discussion groups, articles and other sections of the website and agree to be faced with the necessary sanctions if the rules are not followed.
Members must observe and learn about the content of previous postings in order to get an idea of what is acceptable
Any foul, abusive or offensive language will not be tolerated. Such posts will immediately be removed and members expelled from the website. Members are instructed not to post any content which is defamatory, libelous or offensive. Members are advised not to forward virus warnings and the like to the forums. Members are not allowed to promote themselves, any commercial interests or any spam. Members must not post copyright material and the like to the forum unless explicit written permission has been obtained to do so
- If the members are not using information of their own, then due credit must be given to the original authors. The views expressed in the forum are not those of the website, website owners or administrators or any other members other than those posting within the respective forum and our limitation of liability. All Opinions expressed are solely those of the author and reflect their views. Any patient records, photographs or radiographs that members wish to discuss should not be posted onto the forum until explicit written consent is obtained from the patient. If any doubts, contact the site administrator for advice. Any consented records that are presented must be anonymised and make the patient non-identifiable. Anything posted on the forum must be considered to be in the public domain. Any articles and videos posted on the website must be for educational value and self promotion will not be allowed.
We reserve the right to vary our terms and conditions at any time and such variation takes effect when they are posted on our website.
Last updated February 2015, date of review February 2016