Dental Circle Limited
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Dental Circle Limited of 14-18 Heralds Way, South Woodham Ferrers, Chelmsford, CM3 5TQ.
Information and data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site <dentalcircle.com> (our site), including on:
- registration (e.g. your General Dental Council number, your name and your e-mail address);
- your profile (e.g. experience, qualifications, education, pictures of yourself, your professional position etc.); and
- your CPD record (e.g. courses attended etc.);
- information which Facebook provides to us (if you use your Facebook login details to log in to our site), which may include:
- your name;
- a link to your Facebook profile;
- your Facebook username;
- information from the ‘about’ section of your Facebook profile (e.g. work and education history, e-mail address(es), gender);
- your time zone and locale;
- when each piece of information was last updated; and
- whether or not you have been verified by Facebook;
- details of any transactions you carry out through our site;
- information that you provide if you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us;
- information that you provide if you report a problem with our site;
- correspondence where you contact us;
- details you provide if you complete any surveys that we ask you to enter (although you do not have to respond to these requests); and
- details of your use of our site (including location data, IP address, operating system, the resources that you access within our site, any comments you make on the discussion boards, messages that you send/receive to/from other users of our site).
To register on our site, we require your General Dental Council number. By providing your GDC number in order to register, you authorise us to obtain your name from the General Dental Council registers.
We may obtain information about your usage of our site by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate fully.
Details of the cookies used by us on our site are available from our Developer.
If you register with us, you agree to our use of these cookies.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you do so, you may not be able to access some/all of our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to suggest other users to whom you may wish to connect;
- to display your profile to other users (in search results and as a suggested connection) so that other users can see it and can request to connect to you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service (e.g. discussion board features), when you choose to do so;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to provide you with information relevant to our site (e.g. emails about changes to functionality, new services etc.);
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to understand how users use our site;
- to show you adverts from our partners that we believe could be of interest for you;
- to notify you about changes to our services and our site.
If you are (or become) a customer, we will only contact you for marketing purposes by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are not a customer, we will contact you for marketing purposes by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Aside from third parties processing your data on our behalf (e.g. our hosting company) and as set out below, we will not supply your information to any third parties. Also, we will not contact you by telephone or post (except at your specific request).
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- to allow them to fulfil any contracts on our behalf (e.g. so that they can provide purchased goods or services to you);
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Dental Circle Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets);
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Dental Circle Ltd.
Last updated February 2015, review in February 2016