Carriere in the Practice: The Way Forward – Orthodontics Study Club
Learn how the Carriere Motion compares to other methods of sagittal correction and how to integrate this into your orthodontic practice.
- Welcome, housekeeping and introduction
- Overview of types of sagittal correction: Cl I & Cl II
- Mode of action of Carriere appliances
- Ideal cases for Carriere + how to treat
- Less than ideal cases for Carriere + how to treat
- How to place, activate and remove
- How to integrate with fixed appliance treatments
- How to integrate with Aligner treatments
- Discussion of delegates’ cases
- Q&A and wrap up
- Compare methods of sagittal correction
- Learn about the mode of action
- Understand the ideal cases for treatment
- Learn how to treat less than ideal cases
- Find out how to place and remove appliances
- How to integrate with fixed appliances
- How to integrate with Aligner treatment
- Discuss delegates’ cases
Only £30 per person – free hygienist or therapist place with every dentist ticket
18:30 – 21:00
2.5 hours verifiable CPD
GDC development outcome C
SPEAKER: Dr Francis Scriven
Francis graduated from the University of Bristol in 1996, earning the Merit award for Orthodontics. He then graduated as a Specialist Orthodontist in 2002 with an MSc from the University of Bristol, and MOrth from the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh. Francis was awarded the Chapman Prize at the British Orthodontic Conference in 2002.
For 18 months, Francis worked as an Honorary Consultant in Christchurch, New Zealand. Here he treated cleft lip and palate, and orthognathic surgery cases.
In 2004, Francis formed Anglia Orthodontics, the largest specialist provider of both Invisalign and conventional orthodontics in East Anglia.
Francis is a well-known and respected member of the profession. He is a member of the British Dental Association, the British and the American Associations of Orthodontics, a Fellow of the World Federation of Orthodontists as well as a member of The Invisible Orthodontist group, who are at the forefront of “invisible” orthodontics. Francis is a committed user of the Carrière appliance and now treats almost all his sagittal corrections with the Motion Appliance.
As an individual he is always looking for new and innovative ways forward for orthodontics to use in his day to day practice.